Scholarships and Financial Assistance
A) Scholarships and Bursaries
Scholarships and bursaries from the College, MOE and other external organisations are available to outstanding JC1 and JC2 students who excel in their academics and co-curricular activities, as well as those who demonstrate strong leadership qualities.
The current bursaries and financial assistance schemes include:
1. The Straits Times School Pocket Money Fund
2. Daisy Phay Foundation Shine Scholarship
3. Singapore Buddhist Lodge Education Foundation Bursary Award
4. Sembcorp Marine’s School Book Assistance Grant (SchoolBAG)
5. SAWL Scholarship Fund
Financial assistance in the form of bursary from external organisations are available from time to time. The college will inform students of other available bursaries and financial assistance through Admin Portal.
If you have further queries, please contact the school at Tel: 62579873 or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
B) MOE Financial Assistance Scheme (FAS)
The Ministry of Education provides financial assistance to Singaporean students from our Government and Government-Aided Schools (GGAS) who need financial assistance for their studies.
Student must be a Singapore citizen enrolled in a Government or Government-aided school and meets either one of the following criteria:
a. Gross household income (GHI) as at the time of application does not exceed $3,000 per month, OR
b. Household per capita income* (PCI) as at the time of application does not exceed $750 per month.
* PCI = Monthly GHI / No. of members in the same household
- 100% subsidy of school and standard miscellaneous fees
- Transport Subsidy ($17 transport subsidy per month, up to $204 per annum)
- $1200 Bursary per annum
How To Apply:
Please submit your application by filling up the eFAS Application Form: https://go.gov.sg/moe-efas
Alternatively, you can scan the following QR code to access the form.
Submit Hardcopy Application Form if student is in :
a. families with other dependents (Great grandparents, Aunties/Uncles, Cousins and others)
b. family with more than 5 children in GGAS
c. family with more than 4 unmarried children not in GGAS
d. family with more than 3 grandparents in the household
The application form can also be obtained at the school’s General Office.
1. Parent only need to submit one application form for all your school-going children to one of their schools. The school which receives the application form will inform you of the outcome for all the children.
2. You do not need to submit the application form for MOE FAS if your family/child is a ComCare recipient. The MOE FAS will be auto-granted to ComCare beneficiaries.
3. MOE FAS grant is up to December each year. Parent will need to apply again if they wish to continue to receive the FAS benefits in the next academic year as household income and family profile may change from year to year.
4. To ensure a smooth application process, you must have an active GIRO account registered with the school. Otherwise, you may approach General Office for new GIRO account application or changes in GIRO accounts.
5. Please prepare all softcopy supporting documents in advance. An incomplete application form and/or the absence of required or relevant information and documents will result in delay in the processing of application OR application being rejected.
6. School reserves the rights to request for any other documents as and when required for the purpose of verifying the income and other status.
7. Parents who want to know more about MOE FAS and the eligibility calculator can visit MOE website at https://www.moe.gov.sg/financial-matters/financial-assistance