International Students Seeking Admission to YIJC
International students with good academic results and active co-curricular involvement are welcome to apply to pursue a junior college education at Yishun Innova Junior College. The application period begins from end December to 15 Jan 2024. Admission is subject to availability of vacancies after JAE school posting.
International Students (IS) seeking admission to YIJC are required to sit for a centralised assessment (J-PACT - Junior College Principals Academy Certification Test) conducted by Principals Academy Inc (PAI).
The J-PACT results only provide a benchmark for all international students seeking admission to junior colleges in Singapore and do not in any way guarantee a place in any junior college. For information about the J-PACT test schedule/fees, instructions, and other important notes for application, please visit the J-PACT website.
Applicants who have passed the J-PACT test and wish to apply for admission to Yishun Innova Junior College would also need to fulfil the following application pre-requisites and take the college-based entrance test(s) to ascertain their eligibility for admission and to choose specific subject combinations.
1. Applicant is 16 to 18+ years old as of 1 January 2024.
2. Applicant has passed the J-PACT test.
3. Applicant has attained good academic results from 2023 examination results in the previous school
1. Complete the application form here.
2. Prepare to attach softcopies of the following;
- educational qualifications and schooling history
- personal particulars (NRIC/FIN)
- parents’ particulars (NRIC/FIN or passports)
- J-PACT Result
- any other relevant documents
3. Email relevant documents to YIJC Admission Executive, Ms Wendy Choh at email@example.com
4. Application deadline: 10 January 2024
5. Incomplete or applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
1. Shortlisted candidates will be scheduled to sit for entrance tests and an interview. Entrance tests are set for the relevant subjects:
- English Language (compulsory)
- Mathematics (compulsory)
Selection Test (During Orientation)
2. The schedule of the entrance tests will be made known to shortlisted applicants. Shortlisted applicants will be informed by 19 Jan 2024. Entrance test dates are currently scheduled on 22 Jan & 23 Jan 2024. Candidates are strongly encouraged to prepare well. Each applicant is only allowed to take the entrance tests once.
The standard International Student Entrance Test Fee Rate (inclusive of GST) for one subject is S$44 and S$22 for every additional subject.
Applicants are expected to demonstrate the knowledge and skills equivalent to a student who has done well for the Singapore-Cambridge GCE O-Level Examination. Admission is subject to students meeting the College’s admission criteria and available vacancies.
Any decision taken by the College is final
For general enquiries or enquiries specific to the Diagnostic Tests, please contact the Admission Executive, Ms Wendy Choh at Tel: 6257 9873. Alternatively, you may email the College at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit the Ministry of Education website for other related information for International Student admission