Returning Singaporeans Seeking Admission to YIJC in 2024
Returning Singaporean children (RS) seeking admission to Yishun Innova Junior College are strongly encouraged to sit for School Placement Exercise for Returning Singaporeans (MOE SPERS – JC/MI) in order to secure a place in a Junior College or Millennia Institute. MOE SPERS – JC/MI is a centralised placement exercise conducted in November each year for Returning Singaporeans who wish to join the Pre-University 1 level at the beginning of the new academic year. Admission is subject to availability of vacancies in the school, after JAE posting.
1. Applicant is 16 to 20+ years old as of 1 January 2024.
2. Applicant is a Singaporean Citizen or Permanent Resident returning from living and studying overseas.
3. Applicant has completed the equivalent of Secondary 4 education overseas.
4. Applicant does not have a place in a local school.
5. Applicant has taken SPERS-JC/MI in 2023.
1. Complete the online application form here.
2. Soft copies of the following documents should be submitted together with the application form: (Supporting documents are to be submitted in a single zipped file)
- educational qualifications and schooling history
- personal particulars (NRIC showing citizenship)
- SPERS-JC/MI Outcome (if available)
- any other relevant documents
3. Applicants are advised to send in their application by 10 January 2024.
1. Applicants may be further assessed by the college if applicants do not have the assumed knowledge of the subjects they wish to offer (e.g. H2 Mathematics and H2 Sciences).
Entrance tests for applicants are set for the relevant subjects:
- H2 Mathematics
- H2 Physics
- H2 Chemistry
- H2 Biology
Selection Test (During Orientation)
2. The schedule of the Entrance tests will be made known to shortlisted applicants. Entrance test dates are currently scheduled on 22 Jan & 23 Jan 2024. Candidates are strongly encouraged to prepare well. Each applicant is only allowed to take the Entrance tests once.
Applicants are expected to demonstrate the knowledge and skills equivalent to a student who has done well for the Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘O’ Level examination.
Any decision taken by the college is final
For general enquiries or enquiries specific to the Diagnostic Tests, please contact the Admission Executive, Ms Wendy Choh at Tel: 6257 9873. Alternatively, you may email the College at email@example.com
Please visit the relevant Ministry of Education website for other information for Returning Student admission.